· Organized a Guest lecture on “Role of Company Secretary and CS as prospects for commerce students” on 8th and 9th July 2015 for the first year Bcom students. Adv.S.Rama Rao, Career Councilor of ICSI, Goa Chapter, Panaji delivered the talk highlighting the role of company secretary especially in the light of Companies Act 2013 and the scope for commerce students in this field. He also guided the students how to start with the company secretary course, it’s different stages and preparation required for it. Cordinator: Asst. Prof. Reshamkaur Bhambra.
· Organized an inter-class wall paper competition on the theme “India towards skill development” on the occasion of World Youth Skill Day on 15th July 2015.The competition was judged by Fr. Allan Tavares and Mr. Milind Mhamal and prize winners of the competition are;
1st Prize---------------------- FYBCom-A
2ND Prize-------------------- TYBA
3rd Prize--------------------- SYBCA
Cordinator: Asst Prof. Anthony D’souza.
· The Department of Commerce installed and inaugurated “The Commerce Association” for the academic year 2015-16 on 31st July 2015. The inauguration began with prayer service and lighting of the lamp followed by the oath taking of the working committee members. The HOD/Chairperson of the Commerce association Asst Prof. Ms. Reshamkaur Bhambra introduced the aims and objectives of the Association and also the activities planned for the academic year. On this occasion the Department took opportunity to felicitate one of the Alumni who successfully completed his Chartered Accountancy CA Mr. Kapil Bhambre. The inauguration ended with vote of thanks proposed by Ms. Hazel Colaco.
· Inter-collegiate Commerce Quiz: On the eve of celebrating silver jubilee year of establishment of the institution, the Commerce Association organized an “ Inter- Collegiate Commerce Quiz Competition” on 31st July 2015. Seven Colleges participated, one team from the college comprising two students. The colleges which participated are M.E.S College of Arts & Commerce, C.E.S College of Arts & Commerce, St. Xaviers College of Arts, Commerce & Science, Shree Damodar College of Commerce and Economics, G.V.M’s G.G.P.R College of Commerce and Economics, S.S.P.E.S Goa Multi-Faculty College and Fr. Agnel College of Arts & Commerce.
The Quiz master for the event was Mr. Sameer Kapadi. The quiz began with the elimination round for all the colleges , which was a written round and only 4 colleges were shortlisted. There were total 6 rounds which comprised of general round, visual round, management round, buzzer round, acronym round and surprise round. Shree Damodar college of Commerce and Economics were the winners and the runners up were G.V.M’s G.G.P.R College of Commerce and Economics. Cordinator: Asst Prof. Ms.Eunicia Fernandes and Asst Prof. Mr. Ashwin D’Souza.
· Organized Orientation for Project work for TYBCom Students on 3rd August 2015. Dr.Manoj Kamat was the Resource person for the session. He explained to the students the significance of project paper for TYBcom , how to prepare the project report, the guidelines, how to choose topics for research, etc. It was a very informative session for the students, the students also raised their doubts and were resolved satisfactorily by the resource person.
Cordinator: Asst.Professor Reshamkaur Bhambra.
· Organised a guest lecture for SYBCOM Students on 8th Sept, 2015 on the topic “Financial Markets” by Mr.Achal. R. Chauhan, the director of CSR Times. The session aimed at introducing the students to the functioning of Financial markets and also to guide them how they can get involved in investing in Financial markets and take up career in Financial markets.
Cordinator : Asst professor Ms. Eunicia Fernandes
· Organised a guest lecture for T.Y.B.com B students on the topic “Service Tax” on 13th September, 2015 by CA Kapil Bhambre. The session aimed at familarising the students with the practical aspects of the service tax. Cordinator: Associate Professor Ms. Regi George.
· Mrs. Reshamkaur Bhambra, Mrs. Hazel Colaco, Mrs.Regi George, Ms. Eunicia Fernandes, Mr. Ashwin D’souza, Mr.Anthony D’souza & Ms.Shona Saldanha participated in one day State level Annual Convention of Goa Commerce Association on”Advances in Business Education , Research and Practices” on 8th October 2015 organized by DCT’s S.S.Dempo College of Commerce and Economic, Panaji .
· Mrs.Reshamkaur Bhambra and Mr.Ashwin D’souza presented a paper on “Co-operative Societies: Atool for Economic Empowerment (A Case study of Lokmanya Multipurpose Co-operative Society Ltd.” In the National Conference on “Strengthening Co-operative Sector in India:Academicians and Co-operators Interface” organized by DM’s College and Research Centre, Mapusa, Goa on 30th and 31st October, 2015.
· Mr.Ashwin D’souza and Ms.Eunicia Fernandes attended one day state level Workshop on Writing Effective Research Proposals in Commerce and Management for PHD programme and Research Projects organized by Vidya Prabhodini college, Porvorim, Goa on 9th October, 2015.
· Organised a Guest lecture on “Group Dynamics” for FYBCOM students. Mr. Sameer Kapadi , Managing Director of BIZ & BUZZ, Panaji was the resource person. It was co-ordinated by Ms. Shona Saldanha.
· Mr. Ashwin D’souza, Ms.Eunicia Fernandes, Ms. Shona Saldanha & Mrs. Reshamkaur Bhambra participated for the College Teacher’s Cultural Fiesta “Guru Srijan-2015” held on 1st December, 2015.
The Department organized a guest lecture on “Careers in Management” for FYBCOM students.
The Resource person was Dr.Mrs,Gemini Tipnis, Faculty from Sinhgad Institute of Business, Pune.
It was coordinated by Mrs. Reshamkaur Bhambra.